Serving San Francisco area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
Fire and smoke damage can wreak havoc not only in your home, but also in your business. When disaster strikes, get back to business with a full range of professional fire damage restoration and clean-up services. At ServiceMaster Restore, our goal is to restore your property – and your peace of mind – as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our licensed and insured technicians will communicate with you every step of the way.
What to do if you have smoke / fire damage
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes, and carpets.
- Cover carpeted traffic areas with towels or old linens to prevent additional soiling.
- Discard open food packages. The food could be contaminated.
- If electrical service is off, clean out your freezer and refrigerator. Leave the doors propped open or place charcoal in the unit.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified professional dry cleaner who specializes in smoke damage.
- Clean Formica and chrome fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom to prevent permanent tarnishing.
- Wipe residue from porcelain bath fixtures to prevent etching.
- Wipe the leaves of houseplants to remove smoke residue.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape cheesecloth over intake and outlet air registers to capture any loose soot in the air. This is even more effective if the cheesecloth is damp.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
Important warnings on smoke and fire damage
- Do not attempt to wash any papered or flat painted walls without consulting your professional cleaner. Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot residue problem.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture. Again, incorrect procedures could increase damage.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to fire or water before having them checked. They could malfunction.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. A short circuit could result.
- Do not touch anything. Soot on your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing further damage.
- Do not eat food that has been exposed to fire or smoke.
- Do not wait to call for professional help.
Fire Damage Restoration – Santa Clara, CA
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – San Mateo, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Palo Alto, CA
Fire Damage Cleanup Services – San Carlos, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Foster City, CA 94404
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – Cupertino, CA