Serving Foster City area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
A fire is perhaps the most feared disaster in a home or building as it can cause significant and pervasive damage as well as serious injury or health issues. Furnishings and structural elements touched by the flames are often heavily damaged or charred while the smoke, soot, and corrosive byproducts present after the fire is extinguished can keep spreading to cause tarnishing and corrosion. It is very important to start the fire damage restoration as soon as possible because much of the tarnishing and soot damage will become permanent without immediate attention. ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery provides fire and smoke damage restoration services to help restore and repair homes and businesses damaged by fire in Foster City, CA 94404. We provide a quick response to stop the damage from spreading and we work efficiently to get your home back to its previous condition.
Our technicians at ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery (DRR) are fully licensed and insured and have the proper training and equipment to completely repair and restore homes and businesses that have sustained minor to severe fire damage. We dispatch our technicians to the scene within 1-2 hours of your call, which is twice as fast as the industry standard, to make sure that the furnishings, structural elements, and personal items in your home are salvaged before they become permanently damaged. We use the best available cleaning products and equipment of the industry as well as chemical cleaners that can effectively remove soot damage from delicate surfaces such as chrome, porcelain, tile, brass, aluminum, stainless steel, and carpeting and upholstery.
Our fire and smoke damage restoration services consist of these 5 steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Odor removal
What to Do After Fire Damage
- Brush off the furniture, carpeting, and drapes to remove loose soot.
- Use old towels or linens to cover high traffic areas of your carpet.
- Throw away all open food containers because they might be contaminated.
- If the power goes out, thoroughly clean out the inside of your refrigerator and prop the door open for it to dry.
- Save smoke damaged clothing and other fabrics to be treated with professional restoration dry cleaning services.
- Immediately wipe down porcelain, chrome, and Formica surfaces to prevent permanent tarnishing.
- Brush loose soot off the leaves of your house plants.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Remove loose soot from the air by taping a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register.
- Air out your home by opening your doors and windows if the outside temperature is above 60 degrees.
Fire and Smoke Damage Warnings
- Let our professionals clean and restore soot damage because cleaning up soot damage with improper methods will make it worse.
- Do not try to clean soot from carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not use fire damaged electrical appliances until they have been inspected and deemed safe.
- Avoid using ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
- Do not touch drywall, woodwork, or upholstery with soot damage because the natural oils in your hand can compound the damage.
- Contact ServiceMaster DRR as soon as the fire is out for fire damage restoration.
The resulting damage from a fire will continue to spread even after the fire is out and ignoring it can cause the damage to become irreversible. The fire damage restoration professionals of ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery respond quickly in Foster City, CA to limit and restore the damage before it becomes permanent. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day at (800) 439-8833 to respond to fire damage emergencies.
Fire Damage Restoration – Santa Clara, CA
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – San Mateo, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Palo Alto, CA
Fire Damage Cleanup Services – San Carlos, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Fire Damage Restoration – San Francisco, CA
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – Cupertino, CA