Serving Palo Alto area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
A fire can start at just about any time and it can cause extensive damage to a home or building, especially if you are caught off guard. The fire can significantly damage building materials and furnishings with charring but it is the smoke and corrosive byproducts that often cause the most damage. Soot from the smoke can settle in areas of the home that the fire did not reach to cause tarnishing and etching on affected surfaces and synthetic materials give off corrosive byproducts when burned that can also cause additional damage after a fire has been extinguished.
ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery provides fire damage restoration services in Palo Alto, CA to help repair and restore fire damaged homes and businesses. We will arrive quickly to prevent additional damage and begin the fire restoration before any of the damage becomes permanent.
Fire Damage Restoration in Palo Alto, CA
The ServiceMaster DRR technicians that arrive on the scene of a fire are IICRC-certified and insured to restore large losses from a fire in commercial and residential settings. We utilize the most advanced fire cleaning products and equipment available.
Our fire restoration teams respond within 1-2 hours of your call to make sure we limit the spread of the damage and treat surfaces with tarnishing and soot damage before the damage becomes permanent.
Each of our technicians has been highly trained to provide quality fire and smoke damage restoration in any situation and our cleaning products can effectively remove etching and tarnishing from delicate household surfaces including porcelain, brass, chrome, aluminum, stainless steel, and carpeting.
Watch ServiceMaster Video for more information on Fire Damage Restoration in Palo Alto, CA
Contact Service Master 24 hours a day at (415) 584-6100 for Fire Damage Restoration in Palo Alto, CA, and the surrounding areas.
Our fire restoration services in Palo Alto, CA includes these 5 steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Odor removal
What to Do After Fire Damage in Palo Alto, CA:
- Refer to our fire damage FAQ for home and business owners
- Brush off furniture, drapes, and carpeting to remove loose soot.
- Put old linens or towels over your carpeting or flooring to protect it from soot.
- Dispose of any open food containers because of the risk of contamination.
- Thoroughly wash the inside of your refrigerator if the power goes out and prop the door open to dry.
- Submit smoke damaged clothing and other fabric to us for restoration dry cleaning.
- Wipe the soot damage from porcelain, chrome, and Formica surfaces.
- Brush off your house plants to remove soot.
- Replace the filter in your furnace if your home is heated with forced hot air.
- Put a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register to remove soot from the air.
- If the outside temperature is over 60 degrees, open up all doors and windows to help remove any odors.
Fire and Smoke Damage Warnings in Palo Alto, CA:
- You should not try to clean soot damage because improper cleaning methods can make the damage worse.
- Save carpeting and upholstery that has been damaged by soot for our professionals.
- Hold off using any electrical appliances until they have been inspected and approved for use.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet because this could cause a short circuit.
- Oils from your hand can penetrate certain building materials such as wood and drywall so do not touch soot damaged walls.
- Contact ServiceMaster DRR immediately for fire and smoke damage restoration.
Contact Us for Fire Restoration in Palo Alto, CA
The damage is still spreading even if the fire has been put out so make sure you contact ServiceMaster DRR immediately if your home or business in Palo Alto, CA has been affected by a fire. Our fire cleanup crews will arrive within just an hour or two of your call to start limiting the spread of the fire damage.
Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day at (800) 439-8833 to respond to fire damage restoration emergencies in Palo Alto, CA.
Frequently Asked Fire Damage Questions
Fire damage refers to the destruction and harm caused to a property as a result of a fire. Fire restoration encompasses a series of steps aimed at evaluating the extent of the damage, securing the property, and restoring it to its pre-fire condition.
Throughout the process, fire restoration professionals work closely with the property owner and insurance providers to ensure a smooth and efficient restoration process. Their goal is to bring the property back to its original state, minimizing the impact of the fire and enabling the occupants to return safely.
Fortunately, in most cases, home insurance policies provide coverage for fire damage to both the structure and personal belongings. However, it's important to be aware of certain situations where your insurance provider might not cover the losses.
It's important to understand that each fire damage situation is unique, and the timeline for restoration is influenced by factors such as the size of the property, the extent of the damage, the availability of materials and contractors, and the complexity of the restoration work required.
On average, the restoration process can range from a few weeks to several months. For minor fire damage, restoration efforts may be completed within a few days. However, in cases of extensive damage, particularly in severe residential incidents, the restoration process may extend up to a year.
Related Fire Damage Restoration Services
Fire Damage Restoration – Santa Clara, CA
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – San Mateo, CA
Fire Damage Cleanup Services – San Carlos, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Foster City, CA
Fire Damage Restoration – San Francisco, CA
Smoke and Fire Restoration – Cupertino, CA
Review by Jason G.
“A client/friend’s house caught fire the other day and every time this happens, it is always a very traumatic experience. The devastation on their faces and their be-wilderness is a very common reaction. The feeling of loss and being lost is understandable, so it is during these occasions where I have to be there for them.
The first thing I did was to calm them down and called Servicemaster. They do mostly restoration and clean up after a fire/flood/water damage etc. They are not general contractors. They only clean up, restore, and house your personal belongings at their storage facility. They will store it there until the house is back to live able condition. Best of all……….the insurance company will pay for it.
They can usually get to a place within 3 hours of the loss. They are very efficient.”
Review by Alanna Z.
“Steve and his crew are committed to excellence and made every effort to make sure my estate condo extreme clean-up and recovery process was complete and to my satisfaction. They handled everything including an inventory and sale of items with respect, care and professional expertise and courtesy. They are a business you can trust and rely on. Simply the Best!”