Serving Santa Clara area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
Fires are a major risk at home and in the office as they can cause significant damage very quickly and threaten the safety of those within the home or building. The damage caused by a fire can take several forms from charring to soot and smoke damage and the damage will only get worse until the restoration effort begins. ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery provides fire damage restoration services to help homes and businesses in Santa Clara, CA that have been damaged by a fire. We provide a full range of fire damage restoration and cleaning services and we work quickly to restore your building as well as your peace of mind.
Our licensed and insured technicians can restore any size fire loss in commercial and residential settings using the best cleaning equipment and products of the industry. We provide a quick response for fire damage emergencies because we have a dedication to reversing the damage before the corrosive byproducts and soot cause it to become permanent. With our advanced cleaning products, we can remove soot damage from at-risk household surfaces including porcelain, brass, tile, aluminum, chrome, and carpeting and upholstery. Our fire damage restoration process includes these 5 steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content Cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Odor removal
What to Do After Fire Damage
- Brush loose soot off of the upholstery, carpet, and drapes.
- Cover carpeting in high traffic areas with old towels or linens.
- Throw away open food containers because the food can be contaminated.
- If your power has been shut off, thoroughly clean the inside of your refrigerator.
- Save smoke damaged clothing for a professional that provides restoration dry cleaning.
- Wipe down Formica, chrome, and porcelain surfaces to avoid permanent etching and tarnishing.
- Wipe off the leaves of your houseplants.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change the air filter.
- Filter loose soot from the air by taping damp cheesecloths over the intake and out take air registers.
- Open your doors and windows if the temperature outside is above 60 degrees to help reduce the smoke odor.
Fire and Smoke Damage Warnings
- Do not attempt to clean any soot damaged walls because improper cleaning can make the soot residue worse.
- Do not try to clean carpeting or upholstery that has been soot damaged.
- Do not use electrical appliances that may have been affected by the fire or water until they are inspected.
- Avoid using ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
- Avoid touching soot damage with your hands because the oils in your hand can make soot damage on walls, woodwork, and upholstery worse.
- Do not eat food that may be contaminated by the fire or smoke.
- Call ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery
As soon as the flames are extinguished, contact ServiceMaster DRR for fire damage restoration services to help limit the damage and restore your home or building. We can be reached 24 hours a day at (800) 439-8833 to respond to fire damage emergencies in Santa Clara, CA area.
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – San Mateo, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Palo Alto, CA
Fire Damage Cleanup Services – San Carlos, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Foster City, CA 94404
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – Cupertino, CA
Fire Damage Restoration – San Francisco, CA
Review by Jason G.
“A client/friend’s house caught fire the other day and every time this happens, it is always a very traumatic experience. The devastation on their faces and their be-wilderness is a very common reaction. The feeling of loss and being lost is understandable, so it is during these occasions where I have to be there for them.
The first thing I did was to calm them down and called Servicemaster. They do mostly restoration and clean up after a fire/flood/water damage etc. They are not general contractors. They only clean up, restore, and house your personal belongings at their storage facility. They will store it there until the house is back to live able condition. Best of all……….the insurance company will pay for it.
They can usually get to a place within 3 hours of the loss. They are very efficient.”
Review by Alanna Z.
“Steve and his crew are committed to excellence and made every effort to make sure my estate condo extreme clean-up and recovery process was complete and to my satisfaction. They handled everything including an inventory and sale of items with respect, care and professional expertise and courtesy. They are a business you can trust and rely on. Simply the Best!”