Serving San Carlos area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
Fires are particularly dangerous disasters that can happen with almost no warning, cause different types of extensive damage, and significantly threaten the health and safety of those in the building. Putting out the fire will stop the immediate damage caused by the flames but there are soot, corrosive byproducts, and chemical emissions left behind that can spread to cause permanent damage after the fire is out. ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery provides fire damage cleanup services in San Carlos, CA to repair and restore fire damaged homes and businesses. Our fast response will help limit the damage and we provide full restoration services to restore all types of damage.
Fire Damage Restoration in San Carlos, CA
The licensed and insured technicians of ServiceMaster DRR are properly trained to provide full fire damage restoration services for large and small fire losses in commercial and residential settings. We arrive on the scene within 1-2 hours of your call with the best cleaning products and equipment of the industry to limit the spread of the damage and prevent it from becoming permanent. We can also effectively salvage a variety of at-risk household surfaces from soot damage such as porcelain, brass, chrome, stainless steel, carpet, and upholstery with potent chemical cleaners.
Our 5-step fire damage restoration process in San Carlos, CA includes these steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Odor removal
Watch ServiceMaster Video for more information on Fire Damage Restoration in San Carlos, CA
Contact Service Master 24 hours a day at (415) 584-6100 for Fire Damage Restoration in San Carlos, CA, and the surrounding areas.
What to Do After Fire Damage in San Carlos, CA
- Brush off carpet, upholstery, and drapes to remove loose soot.
- Use old towels or linens to cover the carpet in high traffic areas.
- Throw away open food packages because the food is most likely contaminated.
- Clean the inside of your refrigerator thoroughly if you lose power.
- Submit your smoke damaged clothing to a professional for restoration dry cleaning.
- Wipe Formica, porcelain, and chrome surfaces to help prevent tarnishing and etching.
- Wipe soot from the leaves of your houseplants.
- Change the air filter in your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Use damp cheesecloths to filter loose soot from the air by taping them over the supply and return registers.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, open your doors and windows to air out the home and reduce smoke odor.
Fire and Smoke Damage Warnings in San Carlos, CA
- Cleaning soot damaged walls improperly can make the damage worse so leave this to our technicians.
- Do not attempt to clean soot damaged carpeting and upholstery.
- Avoid using electrical appliances that might have been damaged by the fire until they have been inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
- Do not touch soot damaged surfaces because the oils in your hand can penetrate woodwork, upholstery, and drywall to make it worse.
- Do not eat food that is possibly contaminated.
- Contact ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery immediately for fire damage restoration.
Contact ServiceMaster DRR for Fire Damage Restoration in San Carlos, CA
Putting out the fire is not enough to stop the spread of the damage, soot and other corrosive byproducts can still spread to cause permanent damage in the aftermath. Once the fire has been extinguished in your home or building in San Carlos, CA, contact ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery for fire damage restoration services. We are available 24 hours a day at (800) 439-8833 for fire damage emergencies in San Carlos, CA.
Frequently Asked Fire Damage Questions
Fire damage refers to the destruction and harm caused to a property as a result of a fire. Fire restoration encompasses a series of steps aimed at evaluating the extent of the damage, securing the property, and restoring it to its pre-fire condition.
Throughout the process, fire restoration professionals work closely with the property owner and insurance providers to ensure a smooth and efficient restoration process. Their goal is to bring the property back to its original state, minimizing the impact of the fire and enabling the occupants to return safely.
Fortunately, in most cases, home insurance policies provide coverage for fire damage to both the structure and personal belongings. However, it's important to be aware of certain situations where your insurance provider might not cover the losses.
It's important to understand that each fire damage situation is unique, and the timeline for restoration is influenced by factors such as the size of the property, the extent of the damage, the availability of materials and contractors, and the complexity of the restoration work required.
On average, the restoration process can range from a few weeks to several months. For minor fire damage, restoration efforts may be completed within a few days. However, in cases of extensive damage, particularly in severe residential incidents, the restoration process may extend up to a year.
Related Fire Damage Restoration Services:
Fire Damage Restoration – Santa Clara, CA
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – San Mateo, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Foster City, CA
Fire Damage Restoration – San Francisco, CA
Smoke and Fire Restoration – Cupertino, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Palo Alto, CA
Review by Jason G.
“A client/friend’s house caught fire the other day and every time this happens, it is always a very traumatic experience. The devastation on their faces and their be-wilderness is a very common reaction. The feeling of loss and being lost is understandable, so it is during these occasions where I have to be there for them.
The first thing I did was to calm them down and called Servicemaster. They do mostly restoration and clean up after a fire/flood/water damage etc. They are not general contractors. They only clean up, restore, and house your personal belongings at their storage facility. They will store it there until the house is back to live able condition. Best of all……….the insurance company will pay for it.
They can usually get to a place within 3 hours of the loss. They are very efficient.”
Review by Alanna Z.
“Steve and his crew are committed to excellence and made every effort to make sure my estate condo extreme clean-up and recovery process was complete and to my satisfaction. They handled everything including an inventory and sale of items with respect, care and professional expertise and courtesy. They are a business you can trust and rely on. Simply the Best!”