Serving San Francisco area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
At ServiceMaster Restore, we know that successfully handling extreme clutter or a hoarding clean up calls for an honest, realistic approach and skills that can only come from special training and a 60-year legacy of professional cleaning. Working together with Matt Paxton, founder of Clutter Cleaner, ServiceMaster Restore brings the training and experience necessary to help resolve hoarding situations anywhere in Northern California, large or small. CALL ServiceMaster Restore today, at (800) 439-8833 and speak to a trained expert who is ready to create a customized plan for your unique situation.
Clutter Cleaner is a nationally recognized extreme cleaning company that has been cleaning homes and estates affected by hoarding for over ten years. The company was started by Matt Paxton, who is a best-selling author and featured extreme cleaning expert on the popular HOARDERS television show.
If you find yourself, a family member or even a friend dealing with a hoarding situation, don’t be embarrassed, it’s not due to poor organization or laziness. Compulsive hoarding is a complex anxiety disorder that makes it difficult for a person to discard or part with possessions, regardless of actual value.
ServiceMaster Restore estate cleaning services:
- Help locate lost jewelry, hidden money and/or other valuable items
- Remove debris
- Coordinate recycling and shredding
- Help distribute donations
- Assist in distributing kept items to family members (local and national)
- Facilitate paperwork required by government agencies, lawyers and trusts
A Thorough Process From Start to Finish and Beyond
Together, ServiceMaster Restore and Clutter Cleaner have developed a proven process to help individuals affected by hoarding and overwhelming clutter to clean out a home, and move towards a clutter-free life. The process is divided into three main phases:
Phase 1: Understanding, listening, connecting.
- Because our goal is to keep the home clean, we make the effort to fully understand the problem before proceeding.
- We work with the family and individual to make sure everyone is on board, always keeping the customer in charge. This may include a reference to a local therapist or social services.
- We build trust over time and show our customer full respect.
Phase 2: Creating a plan, cleaning, sorting
- We develop a restoration plan that serves as a roadmap for the cleanout.
- We help reorganize spaces and remaining possessions.
- Our teams handle all the details including donation, recycling, and disposal of unwanted items and help families sanitize and display kept items in the home. We can also sort, document and help deliver donated items to the customer’s selected nonprofit organization.
Phase 3: Family, post-clean follow-up
- We ensure that the individual and family create a plan to keep and maintain a clean home.
- We also provide short-term phone follow-up to see if the home is being maintained or if additional help is needed.
- Whether we’re working with family members, a therapist, or the customer, we bring invaluable insight that will help the entire process go smoothly and successfully, with the customer always in control.
Hoarding estimates – Get a Quote
Helping Families Deal With Hoarding
A home affected by hoarding can be dangerous, unhealthy or both—and dramatic action is required to address the problem and help the customer get on the road to recovery. Not only does it require experts who can navigate the issues, but also people who treat each customer like a member of the family. For an understanding, professional approach to helping solve a serious problem, we are your trusted choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hoarding
- Evaluate the area and create a decluttering/cleaning strategy
- Be sure to protect yourself
- Collect plenty of cleaning supplies
- Start with a Small Room
- Classify the group of things that needs to be cleaned
- Prioritize cleaning order from the beginning
- Empty Rooms, Top to Bottom
- Set Aside Salvageable Items
- Deep Clean and Repair the Home
- Create an exciting atmosphere when cleaning the house
The primary financial obligation for the cleanup of a hoarder's space usually rests with the hoarder or their family, if relevant. In situations where the hoarder is incapable of covering the costs or is facing severe circumstances, certain local governmental bodies or social services might intervene to offer support. It's important to note that the extent of this aid can differ significantly based on the specific jurisdiction and the resources at hand.
You can’t force your loved one to get better – you need to find a way to make them want to get better.
1) Offer your personal assistance and suggest a therapy
2) Help your friend or relative understand value
3) Help your loved one sort out their possessions
4) Provide initiatives
We define clutter as a large collection of possessions with no immediate use, in which things are piled up and spread haphazardly throughout an area; and we define hoarding as having more possessions than one can manage or care for, such that one’s living spaces are unworkable and possibly life-threatening.
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning Services – Santa Clara, CA
Hoarding Cleanup / Estate Cleaning – San Mateo, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – Palo Alto, CA
Hoarding Cleaning and Estate Cleaning Services – San Carlos, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – Foster City, CA 94404
Estate and Hoarding Cleaning Services – Cupertino, CA
Review by Jessica H.
“You responded quickly to our situation- excellent customer service – answered all questions timely”
Review by Jennifer N.
“Very prompt and professional. They were extremely quick and efficient coming in and cleaning everything. I highly recommend them!”