Serving San Mateo area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
Hoarding is no light matter as many people within the U.S. are affected and if they do not receive help, their habits will lead to unsafe and unsanitary living conditions. Hoarding behavior manifests as an inability to throw anything away with no concept of actual value and as a result, homes become full of items that block access to parts of the home, raise fire risks, and harbor mold, bacteria, and other materials that can be health hazards.
ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery provides hoarding and estate cleaning services in San Mateo, CA with special training in hoarding cleanup in combination with our 60 year legacy of professional cleaning. Our approach to hoarding cleaning projects was developed by ServiceMaster Restore in collaboration with Matt Paxton and focuses on establishing mutual trust and respect with the individual before any cleaning begins. We have the equipment and cleaning products to clean up any case of hoarding no matter how small or extreme and we make sure the affected individual is an integral part of the cleaning process.
It is common for those who struggle with hoarding issues to keep their problem hidden out of embarrassment and a friend or family member usually has to step in to get the cleaning process started. Those that intervene should help the hoarder understand that their behavior is not embarrassing because it is the result of anxiety disorders, not laziness or an inability to keep the home organized. We will help the individual and their family remove and organize the hoarded items and we will clean and disinfect the home after this is done.
The hoarding and estate cleaning services we provide include:
- Separating valuable items such as jewelry and money from the other items
- Removal of unwanted items
- Help organizing items and deciding what should be disposed of or kept
- Donation of unwanted items
- Distribution of valuable items among friends and family members
- Assistance with paper work from lawyers and government agencies
Hoarding Cleanup Process
ServiceMaster Restore teamed up with Matt Paxton to create the following 3-phase hoarding cleaning approach that is used by all ServiceMasters, including ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery that provide hoarding cleaning services.
Phase 1: Establishing Connection and Mutual Respect with the Individual
- We try to gain an understanding of the magnitude of the problem.
- We make an agreement with the affected individual to create and implement a cleaning plan while keeping him/ her in control of the process. A therapist or social worker may be brought in at this stage to help.
- We try to create a sense of respect and mutual trust with the individual before any cleaning can start.
Phase 2: Creating and Implementing a Cleaning Plan
- We form a cleaning plan to guide our efforts.
- Items that are kept will be cleaned and reorganized in the home.
- We can donate, recycle, and dispose of items that are not kept and document all items that are donated.
Phase 3: Post Cleaning Follow Up
- We help create a cleaning plan for the individual and their family to follow after our services are complete.
- We do follow-ups over the phone to make sure the individual is following the cleaning plan and if further cleaning services are necessary, we will return.
- We make sure the individual has ultimate say in the cleaning process and control over what gets kept or thrown away to help the process go smoothly.
If you know someone who is struggling with hoarding issues, it is important to get help because their behaviors can result in dangerous living conditions that will threaten their health and their safety. The technicians of ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery can provide effective hoarding cleaning services and we work with an understanding of the mentality of a hoarder to take an honest and respectful approach. You can contact us at (800) 439-8833 to learn more about our hoarding cleaning services in San Mateo, CA area.
Hoarding estimates – Get a Quote Online
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning Services – Santa Clara, CA
Hoarding Cleaning and Estate Cleaning Services – San Carlos, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – Foster City, CA 94404
Estate and Hoarding Cleaning Services – Cupertino, CA
Estate and Hoarding Cleaning – San Francisco, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – Palo Alto, CA
Review by Jude S.
“Floods and roof holes from broken tree limbs.. one call and they were here in one hour and 20 minutes and I’m in San Gregorio/ La Honda area
Kudos to a great team”
Review by Brian S.
“We had these guys out to take care of our moisture remediation after our upstairs neighbor’s washer hoses broke, sending water all over a portion of her unit and then leaking through our bathroom ceiling. The two techs who initially came were very professional, knowledgeable, kind, and thorough, leaving nothing to chance. They checked everywhere with their moisture detectors in and around the bathroom. Once the insurance work was squared away, they returned along with a very nice technician, Lennard who is just the same as they are. After their humidifier, and other heat apparatuses were installed, another technician, Julio returned a couple times to check on the abatement and today to take everything out; he too is very thorough, knowledgeable, kind, and knows his stuff. As another Yelper said, they only do clean up and abatement, not repairs and painting. If you are ever in a situation like this, call these guys. You will be glad you did. Keep up the good work guys.”