Serving Cupertino, CA area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
There are millions of Americans that struggle with hoarding issues and the behaviors that are associated with hoarding have serious implications for the health and safety of those affected and their families. Hoarding is a symptom of more complex anxiety disorders that drives an individual to collect all types of objects regardless of their actual value because they have developed an inability to throw anything away. This results in a growing collection of hoarded items that can block off areas of the home, create a substantial fire hazard, and contribute to unhealthy living conditions by allowing bacteria, mold, and other hazardous materials to grow in the hoard.
Fortunately, much more has been learned and understood about hoarding in recent years that has led to more effective services to help those that struggle with hoarding. ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery provides hoarding and estate cleaning services in Cupertino, CA using a new approach that was developed by ServiceMaster Restore in collaboration with Hoarders host Matt Paxton. We combine this new approach, which emphasizes establishing mutual feelings of trust and respect with the affected individual, with our legacy of providing quality cleaning services which goes back 60 years. With our experience and advanced cleaning equipment, we can clean up and restore any case of hoarding while giving the individual control in the process.
It is rare for those who are struggling with hoarding issues to get help on their own because they tend to be embarrassed about the condition of their homes and do not want others to see. It takes a close friend or family member to help the individual understand that their situation is not embarrassing but can be dangerous to their health and safety which is why they must have their homes cleaned out. Our technicians will help the individual make decisions regarding what should be kept or thrown away and we will also clean and reorganize the home after removing unwanted items.
Our hoarding and estate cleaning service include these basic steps:
- Finding and saving valuable items including money, jewelry, and others
- Removal of unwanted items and debris
- Help deciding what should be kept, recycled, or thrown away
- Delivery of donated items to a non-profit of the individual’s choosing
- Distribution of items to friends and family members
- Assistance with paperwork from lawyers and government agencies
ServiceMaster Hoarding Cleaning Approach
The hoarding cleaning approach that was developed by Matt Paxton and ServiceMaster Restore stresses the importance of mutual respect and giving the individual control in the process. It is divided into the following 3 phases:
Phase 1: Establishing a Personal Connection
- We try to get an assessment of the hoarding problem without entering the home.
- We decide on a cleaning approach that the individual and their family can agree with and we put the individual in control of the process. If additional help is needed, we can refer the individual to a therapist or social worker during this stage.
- We make sure there are mutual feelings of trust and respect with the individual before we begin cleaning.
Phase 2: Creating and Implementing a Cleaning Plan
- We create a cleaning plan with the help of the individual that we use through the entire process.
- Items that are kept will be cleaned and sanitized and we will help reorganize the home after removing unwanted items.
- We will donate, throw away, or recycle unwanted items and obtain the documentation for all items donated.
Phase 3: Post Cleaning Follow Up
- We leave the individual and their family with a cleaning plan to help them continue to maintain the home.
- We will follow up with the individual over the phone to check on their progress and we will return to the home if further cleaning services are needed.
- We make sure the affected individual is always in control of the process.
Hoarding is a problem that many people deal with and if the problem is allowed to persist, the living conditions in the home can become dangerous and unsanitary. If you have a friend or family member in Cupertino, CA that struggles with hoarding, reach out to them for help and contact ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery. We take a fair and respectful approach to hoarding cleaning while giving the individual an element of control over the situation. You can reach us 24 hours a day at (800) 439-8833 to learn more about our hoarding and estate cleaning services.
Hoarding estimates – Get a Quote
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning Services – Santa Clara, CA
Hoarding Cleanup / Estate Cleaning – San Mateo, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – Palo Alto, CA
Hoarding Cleaning and Estate Cleaning Services – San Carlos, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – Foster City, CA 94404
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – San Francisco, CA
Review by Shelley
“FBoth my wife and I found your technician Scott to be very professional. He was prompt, followed through with everything he said he’d do and was courteous and thorough.”
Review by Herlinda
“Quick and excellent service. The two techs who came were very professional, knowledgeable, kind, and thorough, leaving nothing to chance. If you are ever in a situation like this, call these guys. You will be glad you did. Keep up the good work guys.”