Serving San Francisco area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
Fire and smoke damage can wreak havoc not only in your home, but also in your business. When disaster strikes, get back to business with a full range of professional fire damage restoration and clean-up services. At ServiceMaster Restore, our goal is to restore your property – and your peace of mind – as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our licensed and insured technicians will communicate with you every step of the way.
What to do if you have smoke/fire damage
- Blow off or brush-vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes, and carpets.
- Cover carpeted traffic areas with towels or old linens to prevent additional soiling.
- Discard open food packages. The food could be contaminated.
- If electrical service is off, clean out your freezer and refrigerator. Leave the doors propped open or place charcoal in the unit.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified professional dry cleaner who specializes in smoke damage.
- Clean Formica and chrome fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom to prevent permanent tarnishing.
- Wipe residue from porcelain bath fixtures to prevent etching.
- Wipe the leaves of houseplants to remove smoke residue.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape cheesecloth over intake and outlet air registers to capture any loose soot in the air. This is even more effective if the cheesecloth is damp.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
Watch ServiceMaster Video for more information on Fire Damage Restoration in San Francisco, CA
Frequently Asked Fire Damage Questions
Fire damage refers to the destruction and harm caused to a property as a result of a fire. Fire restoration encompasses a series of steps aimed at evaluating the extent of the damage, securing the property, and restoring it to its pre-fire condition.
Throughout the process, fire restoration professionals work closely with the property owner and insurance providers to ensure a smooth and efficient restoration process. Their goal is to bring the property back to its original state, minimizing the impact of the fire and enabling the occupants to return safely.
Fortunately, in most cases, home insurance policies provide coverage for fire damage to both the structure and personal belongings. However, it's important to be aware of certain situations where your insurance provider might not cover the losses.
It's important to understand that each fire damage situation is unique, and the timeline for restoration is influenced by factors such as the size of the property, the extent of the damage, the availability of materials and contractors, and the complexity of the restoration work required.
On average, the restoration process can range from a few weeks to several months. For minor fire damage, restoration efforts may be completed within a few days. However, in cases of extensive damage, particularly in severe residential incidents, the restoration process may extend up to a year.
For more information, read Frequently Asked Questions About Fire Damage
Contact Service Master 24 hours a day at (415) 584-6100 for Fire Damage Restoration in San Francisco, CA, and the surrounding areas.
Important warnings on smoke and fire damage in San Francisco, CA
- Do not attempt to wash any papered or flat painted walls without consulting your professional cleaner. Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot residue problem.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture. Again, incorrect procedures could increase damage.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to fire or water before having them checked. They could malfunction.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. A short circuit could result.
- Do not touch anything. Soot on your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing further damage.
- Do not eat food that has been exposed to fire or smoke.
- Do not wait to call for professional help.
Contact ServiceMaster DRR for Fire Damage Restoration in San Francisco, CA
If you’re unsure of mold damage, don’t hesitate to act. Let ServiceMaster Restore assess the situation and determine the best course of action that will prevent costly, long-term damage to your home. For professional Fire Damage Restoration in San Francisco, CA, and throughout the Bay Area call us at (415) 584-6100!
Fire Damage Restoration – Santa Clara, CA
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – San Mateo, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Palo Alto, CA
Fire Damage Cleanup Services – San Carlos, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration – Foster City, CA 94404
Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration – Cupertino, CA
For more information on Fire Safety – What to Do if There is a Fire, watch ServiceMaster video
If you live close to the wildfires in California, it is very important to be aware of the potentially dangerous levels of smoke and what you can do to protect your home from the odor. The following tips will help you protect yourself and your family from the harmful effects of wildfire smoke, and remove residual smoke odors from your home.
Fires cause very serious structural damage, and the byproducts of fire like smoke and soot can burn and tarnish various surfaces and materials. After waiting through an extensive fire damage restoration process and getting your home back, the last thing you need is to return to a home with strong smoke odors.
Fires are classed into certain categories and are based on the fire’s fuel source. Keep your home or business safe by keeping on hand the right types of equipment that are designed to put out specific types of fires.
Review by Jason G.
“A client/friend’s house caught fire the other day and every time this happens, it is always a very traumatic experience. The devastation on their faces and their be-wilderness is a very common reaction. The feeling of loss and being lost is understandable, so it is during these occasions where I have to be there for them.
The first thing I did was to calm them down and called Servicemaster. They do mostly restoration and clean up after a fire/flood/water damage etc. They are not general contractors. They only clean up, restore, and house your personal belongings at their storage facility. They will store it there until the house is back to live able condition. Best of all……….the insurance company will pay for it.
They can usually get to a place within 3 hours of the loss. They are very efficient.”
Review by Alanna Z.
“Steve and his crew are committed to excellence and made every effort to make sure my estate condo extreme clean-up and recovery process was complete and to my satisfaction. They handled everything including an inventory and sale of items with respect, care and professional expertise and courtesy. They are a business you can trust and rely on. Simply the Best!”