Serving Santa Clara area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
Hoarding affects a large number of people in the United States and without the proper help, hoarders can create dangerous living conditions in their homes. Those that struggle with hoarding have extreme difficulty throwing away anything and the hoard of collected items may restrict access in the home, increase the risk of a fire, and cause mold or bacteria to grow which can threaten the health of those within the home.
ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery combines a 60 year legacy of professional cleaning with special training in hoarding cleanup to provide hoarding and estate cleaning services in Santa Clara, CA. Our technicians take an honest and realistic approach that was developed by ServiceMaster Restore in collaboration with Matt Paxton and his company Clutter Cleaner. We are fully equipped to handle the most extreme cases of hoarding and we make sure to include the affected individual and give them control over the cleaning process.[rev_slider alias=”Hoarding”]
Those that struggle with hoarding often hesitate to reach out for help because they are embarrassed by their situation and a friend or family member usually has to step in to initiate the cleaning process. Hoarders should not feel embarrassed however because hoarding behaviors are the result of complex anxiety disorders, not laziness. This disorder makes it difficult for the individual to dispose of hoarded items, even if they have no real value. Our technicians can help sort through hoarded items as well as clean and disinfect the home once they are removed.
Our hoarding and estate cleaning services include the following steps:
- Location of valuable items such as jewelry and money
- Removal of all debris
- Help coordinating what will be thrown away and what will be kept
- Donation of unwanted items
- Help giving valuable items to family members
- Help with necessary paper work from government agencies and lawyers
Hoarding Cleaning Process
The following 3 phase approach to hoarding cleaning projects was created by ServiceMaster Restore and Clutter Cleaner and it is the process that ServiceMaster DRR follows for each hoarding cleaning project.
- We try to understand the full scope of the hoarding problem.
- We come to an agreement with the individual and their family on a cleaning plan and make sure to keep the individual in control. During this step we may refer the individual to a therapist or social worker for additional help.
- We establish a feeling of mutual trust and respect with the individual before beginning any cleaning.
Phase 2: Forming and Following a Cleaning Plan
- We create a cleaning plan that acts as our guide throughout the process.
- We will help reorganize the possessions that are kept.
- We can handle donating, recycling, or throwing away unwanted items as well as the documentation and delivery of donated items to the preferred non-profit organization.
Phase 3: Post Cleaning Follow Up
- We help the individual and their family create a cleaning plan to follow once our services are done.
- We do phone follow-ups shortly after we are done to ensure that the home is being maintained and we will provide further cleaning services if necessary.
- We keep the affected individual in control throughout the entire process and help the cleanup effort go smoothly with our experience.
The consequences of hoarding can be very dangerous for the affected individual as well as anyone who lives in the home so make sure you reach out to someone you know who may be hoarding to help begin the cleaning process. Our technicians are not only trained and equipped to provide effective cleaning services, but we also understand the mentality behind hoarding and we treat each individual with compassion and respect as we work. You can call us anytime at (800) 439-8833 for hoarding and estate cleaning services in Santa Clara, CA.
Hoarding estimates – Get a Quote
Frequently Asked Questions About Hoarding Cleanup
- Evaluate the area and create a decluttering/cleaning strategy
- Be sure to protect yourself
- Collect plenty of cleaning supplies
- Start with a Small Room
- Classify the group of things that needs to be cleaned
- Prioritize cleaning order from the beginning
- Empty Rooms, Top to Bottom
- Set Aside Salvageable Items
- Deep Clean and Repair the Home
- Create an exciting atmosphere when cleaning the house
The primary financial obligation for the cleanup of a hoarder's space usually rests with the hoarder or their family, if relevant. In situations where the hoarder is incapable of covering the costs or is facing severe circumstances, certain local governmental bodies or social services might intervene to offer support. It's important to note that the extent of this aid can differ significantly based on the specific jurisdiction and the resources at hand.
You can’t force your loved one to get better – you need to find a way to make them want to get better.
1) Offer your personal assistance and suggest a therapy
2) Help your friend or relative understand value
3) Help your loved one sort out their possessions
4) Provide initiatives
We define clutter as a large collection of possessions with no immediate use, in which things are piled up and spread haphazardly throughout an area; and we define hoarding as having more possessions than one can manage or care for, such that one’s living spaces are unworkable and possibly life-threatening.
Hoarding Cleanup / Estate Cleaning – San Mateo, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – Palo Alto, CA
Hoarding Cleaning and Estate Cleaning Services – San Carlos, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – Foster City, CA 94404
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – San Francisco, CA
Estate and Hoarding Cleaning Services – Cupertino, CA
Review by Jessica H.
“You responded quickly to our situation – excellent customer service – answered all questions timely.”
Review by Jennifer N.
“Very prompt and professional. They were extremely quick and efficient coming in and cleaning everything. I highly recommend them!”