Serving Santa Clara area 24/7/365
Call: (415) 584-6100
Hoarding affects a large number of people in the United States and without the proper help, hoarders can create dangerous living conditions in their homes. Those that struggle with hoarding have extreme difficulty throwing away anything and the hoard of collected items may restrict access in the home, increase the risk of a fire, and cause mold or bacteria to grow which can threaten the health of those within the home.
ServiceMaster Disaster Restoration and Recovery combines a 60 year legacy of professional cleaning with special training in hoarding cleanup to provide hoarding and estate cleaning services in Santa Clara, CA. Our technicians take an honest and realistic approach that was developed by ServiceMaster Restore in collaboration with Matt Paxton and his company Clutter Cleaner. We are fully equipped to handle the most extreme cases of hoarding and we make sure to include the affected individual and give them control over the cleaning process.
Those that struggle with hoarding often hesitate to reach out for help because they are embarrassed by their situation and a friend or family member usually has to step in to initiate the cleaning process. Hoarders should not feel embarrassed however because hoarding behaviors are the result of complex anxiety disorders, not laziness. This disorder makes it difficult for the individual to dispose of hoarded items, even if they have no real value. Our technicians can help sort through hoarded items as well as clean and disinfect the home once they are removed.
Our hoarding and estate cleaning services include the following steps:
- Location of valuable items such as jewelry and money
- Removal of all debris
- Help coordinating what will be thrown away and what will be kept
- Donation of unwanted items
- Help giving valuable items to family members
- Help with necessary paper work from government agencies and lawyers
Hoarding Cleaning Process
The following 3 phase approach to hoarding cleaning projects was created by ServiceMaster Restore and Clutter Cleaner and it is the process that ServiceMaster DRR follows for each hoarding cleaning project.
- We try to understand the full scope of the hoarding problem.
- We come to an agreement with the individual and their family on a cleaning plan and make sure to keep the individual in control. During this step we may refer the individual to a therapist or social worker for additional help.
- We establish a feeling of mutual trust and respect with the individual before beginning any cleaning.
Phase 2: Forming and Following a Cleaning Plan
- We create a cleaning plan that acts as our guide throughout the process.
- We will help reorganize the possessions that are kept.
- We can handle donating, recycling, or throwing away unwanted items as well as the documentation and delivery of donated items to the preferred non-profit organization.
Phase 3: Post Cleaning Follow Up
- We help the individual and their family create a cleaning plan to follow once our services are done.
- We do phone follow-ups shortly after we are done to ensure that the home is being maintained and we will provide further cleaning services if necessary.
- We keep the affected individual in control throughout the entire process and help the cleanup effort go smoothly with our experience.
The consequences of hoarding can be very dangerous for the affected individual as well as anyone who lives in the home so make sure you reach out to someone you know who may be hoarding to help begin the cleaning process. Our technicians are not only trained and equipped to provide effective cleaning services, but we also understand the mentality behind hoarding and we treat each individual with compassion and respect as we work. You can call us anytime at (800) 439-8833 for hoarding and estate cleaning services in Santa Clara, CA.
Hoarding estimates – Get a Quote Online
Hoarding Cleanup / Estate Cleaning – San Mateo, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – Palo Alto, CA
Hoarding Cleaning and Estate Cleaning Services – San Carlos, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning Services – Sunnyvale, CA
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – Foster City, CA 94404
Hoarding and Estate Cleaning – San Francisco, CA
Estate and Hoarding Cleaning Services – Cupertino, CA
Review by Jude S.
“Floods and roof holes from broken tree limbs.. one call and they were here in one hour and 20 minutes and I’m in San Gregorio/ La Honda area
Kudos to a great team”
Review by Brian S.
“We had these guys out to take care of our moisture remediation after our upstairs neighbor’s washer hoses broke, sending water all over a portion of her unit and then leaking through our bathroom ceiling. The two techs who initially came were very professional, knowledgeable, kind, and thorough, leaving nothing to chance. They checked everywhere with their moisture detectors in and around the bathroom. Once the insurance work was squared away, they returned along with a very nice technician, Lennard who is just the same as they are. After their humidifier, and other heat apparatuses were installed, another technician, Julio returned a couple times to check on the abatement and today to take everything out; he too is very thorough, knowledgeable, kind, and knows his stuff. As another Yelper said, they only do clean up and abatement, not repairs and painting. If you are ever in a situation like this, call these guys. You will be glad you did. Keep up the good work guys.”