Follow these safety tips to make sure your Thanksgiving holiday is both merry and safe:
* Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stove top to keep an eye on the food.
* Keep all wrappers, dish towels and other flammable materials away from stoves and ovens.
* Have a working fire extinguisher in the kitchen. As an alternative, baking soda can be helpful in putting out grease fires.
* Keep kids and pets out of the kitchen where they could be injured from a hot spill or cause tripping hazards.
* Never leave kids alone near lit candles or leave matches or lighters lying around within reach of a child.
* And most importantly, check the batteries in smoke alarms and test them to make sure they are working properly.
In case of a fire damage call the professionals at ServiceMaster DRR – we are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year, including Thanksgiving! We respond quickly to help you recover from water, fire or smoke damage and minimize interruptions.